I wasn't going to say no! Actually, I was searching tickets online when I received the email asking if I wanted to go. HELL YES!
This was the first time Madonna has come to Vancouver on one of her concert tours and I wondered if it was possible it might be her last (she ain't getting any younger....although she sure looks like she is!).
My sister was also offered a ticket since she is doing some PR for the company so we got to hang out sister style.

The party started out at a private suite and we had champagne and samosas (to eat not drink). You would have thought that everyone had lived in Mexico previously because everyone was late! Which kind of sucked because we had another VIP party to go to at the stadium.
Once everyone arrived, we piled into 3 limos and headed to B.C. Place Stadium. We went straight to the VIP lounge where they played Madonna music and fed us an awesome spread of seafood, specialty pastas, roast beef and fancy desserts. On entrance, they gave us a Madonna postal bag that had a Madonna lollypop in it and a Madonna pen and we got a VIP around the neck pass. Cool little bonus.

Since they only served wine and beer for alcoholic beverages, I didn't have a chance to get my drink on too much. Others on the other hand.....had um...a few.

I got a call from my brother while we were at the pre-party asking where I was sitting (he too went to the concert). I pulled out my tickets and read them out loud. Section A4, Row 24, Seat 14. He said "A4! Holy shit you're close!". I said I don't know we are at the pre-party and we can't see what's going on in the stadium. I then looked at my ticket and it said $576.50. My ticket cost that much money? Holy crap!
We heard an announcement saying that we should take our seats in the stadium and once we re-grouped we started to head down.The stadium halls were busy and there was a buzz of excitement in the air. There were lots of people dressed up like Madonna and the various personas she has taken on throughout her career. There was the Vogue Madonna, The Bride Madonna, The Material Girl Madonna, The Virgin Madonna, The Praying Madonna.....and the list goes on.

At some point, our group got split up and things were becoming like a mosh pit as everyone was in a hurry to get to their seats. I kept with a couple people from work and hoped the rest would get to their seats on time.
Turns out by total chance, my sister and I got the best seats in the house! We were literally 4th row from the front of the stage. HOLY CRAP! SCORE!
Madonna did not open on time, but thank god she didn't. I am certain she was probably ready, but most people weren't in their seats yet. The line-ups at the beer and cooler stations were pretty long....lol.Here is the view behind me:

Me and my sis digging our seats:

Suddenly the lights go out and we are greeted by a huge silver "M".

The start of the show begins with lights, sounds, lasers and special effects:


Madonna is coming, Madonna is coming!!!!!
But you'll have to stay tuned for more....
5 comments:
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!! WHAT COMPANY DO YOU WORK FOR???? CAN I COME WORK FOR THEM TOO? PLEASE????
Seriously, what awesome pics... I can't wait for the next post....
Fned.
great story and photos
looking forward to the next blog!
if u have a chance email me at:
madonnasworld@gmail.com
to let me know to look for it
thanks
did she lipsync?
Fned - Yes they are hiring so come on down!
MadonnasWorld - Thanks...
Kirkness - I think there must have been a mix. Either way her vocals weren't that loud. She does do a lot of jumping around and dancing in her shows...hard to sing at the same time.
Post a Comment