She said it's a cross between an apple and a grape.
I became intrigued and wanted to know more. She explained it looked like an apple and had the texture of an apple but tasted like a grape.
I needed to try this shit out because I love grapes and most recently have gotten into apples as well.
So I went to Save-on-Foods where you don't really save much on anything and I bought me 4 Grapples for like 5 frickin buckeroonies. I figured it was worth it because these apples were special!
Guess what folks?
Not so special.
It's an apple that smells like a purple grape scratch'n sniff sticker and taste like a regular boring apple.
Do they think everyone has been smoking crack and that they won't notice? Who's stupid idea was this anyways?
I take that back.
Who's smart idea was this and where can I "ka ching" on the profits?

Photo Credit: Flickr
8 comments:
Oh those crazy marketing folks, what will they think of next?
What bothers me about the whole thing is that when you wrote "grapple" I pronounced it, in my head, just as it looks - like "grapple" (rhymes with "Snapple") as opposed to GRAY-PLE (rhymes with NOTHING because it's just stupid and that flipping dash over the "a" isn't fooling anyone, I don't care if you are trying to tie in "grape" with "apple", it still looks like GRAPPLE-RHYMES WITH SNAPPLE, and the joke's on YOU because I will FOREVER call it GRAPPLE-RHYMES WITH SNAPPLE, and if you wanted me to think "GRAY-PLE" you should have spelled it "GRAPLE"). Bastards.
If I have a taste for some freakin grapes, I'll buy them and eat them.
If I have a taste for a apple, I'll buy them and eat them.
AND, if I have a taste for both, I'll eat both at the same time.
Why pay extra money for freak product that doesn't satisfy either taste?
I bet you can't get Grapples in Mexico!
i dont get why you need to create an apple that tastes like grapes when u can get real grapes LOL are these people on crack or something?
you just recently got into apples?
theres this stuff called water that's all the rage too you should check out. ha ha
yea i saw those at the store too, curious. But mating a grape with an apple just seems sort of improbable. Like, a chihuahua mating with a st.bernard or something. just doesnt seem right.
thanks for the review/warning.
Grapple's aren't genetically altered. They just soak the apples in grape liquid, which is absorbed through the skin of the apple. Which is why I think Liz didn't get any true grape taste from the meat of the grapple....jus the grape smell of the skin.
JJ - Same...they can't fool me. They aren't saying "Grape-le".
Picante - What do I know? I'm a sucker for advertising. I've been away for a while and have been going nuts trying anything and everything out there!
Anon - Yes they are on crack.
Kirk - I knew typing that that someone might make a smart ass comment. Thanks! You proved me right! Going to drink water now and see if my chihuaua can hump a great dane...
Picante - Yeah I looked it up. I should have looked it up before I spent 5 bucks on four apples that weren't even that great.
But, it says on the package "tastes like a grape" how can they lie like that?
I hate grayplez now.
Post a Comment