Friday, October 3, 2008

Lesson Learned

Yesterday after work I was passing a store that I knew sold home-made soap and was thinking of buying a bar or two.

I've been annoyed every time I shower since Lil Spicy mentioned that mass-manufacturers of soap take out the natural moisturizers so that you in turn go and buy body lotion and spend more money making the company rich. This pissed me off because I hate that extra step of putting on lotion after I shower and often forget anyways. Not to mention, the whole wasting money factor.

So with soap on the brain I walked into the store and I hear this man say, "Would you like some free home-made soap samples?". I said yes! How did you know that I was thinking of home made soap? Or rather, I sensed that the free soap dude would be there. CRAZY. (See JJ my skills are getting better!)

Anyways . I'm so psychic bla bla bla. Moving on...

He mentions the two different types of soaps he's giving me except I barely listen because when I heard the word "cinnamon" I got all excited. Cinnamon is the bomb. It is the bestest spice eva and smells so yummy!

So this morning as I'm about to step into the shower, I look at my "stripped" bar of soap and remember I now have luxurious homemade soap and should USE it! I went into my purse reached in the bag the guy gave me and instinctively pulled out the soap that had the cinnamon in it. YUM. I was going to smell heavenly all. day. long. Actually the truth is....I can still smell that yummy smell as I type this.

Yeah so things went great except for one thing.

Do.not.use.soap.on.privates.

While I may not have a sweaty crotch anymore....let me tell you....my privates were on FIRE.

So. Lesson learned. NO cinnamon down there.

Kthxbai!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gee....

I've not encountered THAT sorta problem. I'll have to ask Valerie about that...

I'll let you know what she says or have her post direct to you.

Anonymous said...

So you have vanilla smelling pits and cinnamon everywhere else ?!?!?!

btw, I'm still laughing about you changing the water at the office!
Just do what I've always done, tell everybody that you hurt your back. :)

janie

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey. Cinnamon=good. Cinnamon on Crotch=bad. Live and learn.

CancunCanuck said...

Ok, OWIE and second, LOL. Now, why do they make, ahem, sexy creams and gels that are cinnamon flavoured? The sex shops tell us this is a good thing?? Obviously created by men.

Anonymous said...

I think the culprit might be cinnamon bark essential oil. It is a skin irritant. Most cinnamon soaps contain cinnamon leaf essential oil, which is NOT a skin irritant.

If that isn't the problem, I think it might be a case of too much horizontal hula hoops.

Islagringo said...

Girl, you will tell just everything! Along those same lines though, never, ever use toothpaste as a lubricant! Not that it ever happened to me or anything. Just saying.

Fned said...

Oh.My.God.Liz!

LMAO.

Fned.

barry said...

hiya Liz,, You got to watch those Hotsie totsies ,heard a story similar,, seems an older lady noticed her small dog was breaking out in a patchy rash, so she took him to her Vet. The vet diagnosed it as a Fungus and gave her a prescription, .Well she stopped by a pharmacy on the way home to have the Rx filled,, and you know the current trend,, the pharmacist wants to tell you EVERYTHING about your med . He leaned forward and told her, , 'This is a very strong medicine , and use it sparingly ,"are you using it on your Toes?" ... 'it was then the Lady realized he thought the medicine was for her,, "Oh No "she said with a blush" I am going to rub it on my SCHNAUZER ...., ' Oh,in that case" he said' Be sure to Wear Cotton under ware and Don't ride a bicycle for at least 5 Days ....

My Way said...

Lil Spicy - I think there was real cinnamon in this because it's kinda grainy where the cinnamon swirl is. Whatever the case, I just know to be more careful.

Janie - I've changed the water 3 times since I blogged. I think it's my fate. Problem is I hate asking people for help with shit I can do myself.

Heather - You has a smart!

Canuck - You know it really wasn't ALL THAT BAD but you know, it wasn't a normal sensation thats for sure. lol.

Gringo - Common sense would lead me to believe that sticky toothpaste would not be good as a lubricant. Allow me to go pray that you are joking about this because the visual is just too frothy minty sticky a situation.

Fned - You see what I do for you people? lol.

Barry - Do you look this stuff up? Or make it up? LOL. You are good at the jokes that's for sure. lol. Let me check if my panties are cotton.

Bluestreak said...

Oh no! you spiced and candied your privates!

My Way said...

That might be good for some people! lol.

Anonymous said...

Wayne, I have "heard" that putting minty fresh gel toothpaste in one's mouth when, uh, y'know...to your partner feels cool and refreshing.

In the interests of science, someone should try this.

My Way said...

I think I probably have....but mostly I've done it with mints. This may be TMI but heck, it's Friday and who cares!