My "Guey"!
Thanks to the lovely Theresa and her wonderful contributions, a light bulb went off in my head and I was finally able to figure out a blog name that I thought was funky with a Spanish twist. Theresa had suggest "My Way" and that is where I got the idea for my new blog, MY "GUEY".
To those of you who are Spanish language challenged, "guey" is not pronouced "guy" nor "gooey" nor "gwie". It is simply pronounced "way" and is a play on words and tribute to my previous blog, MEXICO "WAY".
I hope all my readers continue to follow me over here and those of you who have me in your readers and your blogrolls may want to update. I know I know. I total pain in the behind. I'd be annoyed too. In fact I'm annoyed that I had to go and create a whole new blog and I'm annoyed that I'm sitting here at 12:10 a.m. typing this.
But it's done! And I welcome you. I have pics and topics to post about.
Speaking of.....I think Diesel likes his new bed...
15 comments:
Oh God! Is he cute or what? Poor little Mexican dog, freezing in a sweater and sheepskin bed, pobrecito.
I'm glad you got him the right clothes for the climate, these things are important.
Hey! Cool new casa, I'm thrilled to be the first commenting guest.
Hugs,
Jonna broke your cherry, teehee! Congrats on the new space, will update ASAP.
Diesel does indeed look quite pleased, how about the kits?
Hugz
Hola Elizabeth!! I did not know you've moved back to BC. I hope it all goes well for you!!! Tim aka Cbeach1
Fun! But now I will forever refer to your blog as My Gooey. What the hell, you have a cat named after boogers...
Nice to see you here Elizabeth. I'll change my RSS feed to this one.
The new pad is nice. Looking forward to reading all about your transition back and any other "stuff" you can think of to post about...
Michelle N Chicago
I don't know if you know this or not but Guey is a Mexican slang word that is used everyday by the majority of young people in Mexico.
It has several connotations depending on the context that is used.
It can be used as a friendly slang to address a friend as in "Hey Guey,vamonos a comer" (hey Dude, Let's go to eat).
or
It can be used as a derogatory comment towards someone usually accompanied by a four letter word as in "Ese P**che Guey no me pasa" (I just don't stomach that F*** dude).
Just so you know.
Jonna - It was cold for a few days and then after that it was super nice out and he went nekkid. LOL. He is doing well. How can you tell my pad is nice? There are no pics? Or do you mean Diesel's pad...yeah it's pretty lush...
Canuck - The kits are fabulous thanks for asking. They love climbing up high on the kitchen cabinets. :)
Tim - Well welcome over here! Yeah...sorry I kept it hush hush. No need to fuss about it.
JJ - You're a booger. And I'm going to pick you.
Scott - Hey thanks! And welcome!
Michelle - I'm sure I'll have stuff to bitch about here and there. LOL.
Anon - I am fully aware of what it means but thank you for the info. As I say, it's a play on words which makes it fun. I asked a couple of Mexican nationals about it to make sure it was not offensive, and to them it was not. Simply, it's a joke and I understand that it is slang....which is why I chose it. Besos!
Am totally loving the new name! So you! Just finished updating my RSS feeds.
=)
Fned.
Little red ridding hoody looks nice and cozy in his new crib too!
I meant your casa virtual, your new blog home. However, I'd love to see pics of the apt too, you know I love house tours ;)
Glad Diesel can go nekkid too, although he is adorable in the cushy bed and sweater.
Fned - Thanks :) You should see the jacket I bought him with fur on the hoody. OH TO DIE FOR CUTE!
Jonna - Oh jajaja. I get it. I will take pics of the apartment as soon as I can get this giant mirror hung.
Where is a man with a drill when you need him...
I know I know...you are el hombre de la casa...but sometimes its nice to have a someone with power tools...nicer when they put the holes in the right place the first time! jijijiji
-la lurker
La Lurker - I am so happy you commented! :) I have brought you out of hiding-dom! Yay! Don't need a drill cuz you know....the walls aren't cemento. But I do have to go to the store to get the right supplies and well...I've been busy stressing.... I'll try to screw up the holes on purpose just for old times sake.
yeah...love the new name girl. going to update reader now. beseeetos.
What a six-year experience! I hope we will still see you peeping in now and then to all the old chat boards. Stay in touch!
Post a Comment