Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Keeping B.C. Beautiful

Ugly utility boxes are no longer. They look like pretty forests, plants and flowers. No two boxes appear to be the same and if you're not looking hard, they often blend in with the trees in the background. Pretty cool yeah?

Of course I'd like to know who's paid for this whole beautifying project......probably tax payers!

6 comments:

Bluestreak said...

It does look nice compared to the usual puke green.

Theresa in Mèrida said...

It looks great. When you have stuff like that you are less likely to have graffiti, in Santa Rosa they had the kids from the college and high school do something similar to the park benches. The art was (and still is) awesome!
I actually think it's a good use of tax payer's money.
regards,
Theresa

Cdn Cat said...

I love the idea! I did notice there was some graffiti on it already. (At least it blends in a bit) Ontario law states that graffiti criminals have to actually be caught in the act in order to be charged. Video has worked to convict a few in our local community. I have a friend that works at our local city hall so I will pass this idea on to him, as a project like this is worth mentioning.I'll let you know what he thinks of the idea.

Anonymous said...

I'm heavily into the arts and beautifying that which isn't always so beautiful. It keeps kids occupied with something positive, as opposed to something negative. It instills a sense of pride in the community and a sense of belonging to it.

In Chicago, most "taggers" who normally would tag anything with a solid background, will respect the artwork of the students who paint murals all over the city. We now, even have CTA trains that have been painted by students from the local community.

I'd much rather contribute money to these projects than to give it unwillingly to line the pockets of corrupt politicians...

Michelle

Scott Bulger Photography said...

Even if it was taxpayers, I'd rather they spend my money on this than on a thousand other pork barrel type projects.

My Way said...

Honestly I think it's a great idea like the rest of you do. It gets rid of the graffiti and the whole eye-sore of a utility box.

But I do wonder who's paid. Not sure if it's the utility company...or the "govt" AKA "tax payers".

Thought you guys might find it interesting never-the-less.