My sister told me about a hip new company that I may be interested in applying to. They do logistics marketing which can be anything from graphic design to print to personalized websites. They have these really cool open air loft offices and the view of the mountains is to die for.
Anyways, she had a meeting with them, mentioned my interests and as a result they called for me to send in my resume. They wanted to see me the very next day which had me shitting my pants because I had no clue how to answer the typical interview questions. So I studied and studied and studied and versed myself with words like, problem-solver, multi-tasker, organized, resourceful, and blah blah blah ginger.
I met with 3 people yesterday and the funny part is that the CEO who is responsible for hiring came in for one minute and said, "I have a pretty good idea about people when I first meet them so I'm going to leave, but so-and-so is going to finish the interview with you". I thought....ok....well I guess I just blew it. But she asked me questions and brought in the HR manager and then later the CEO came back in and said they needed talented people because they have 3 large projects they need to get done and I need to start Monday.
Well, apparently now I have to practice cooking because I'm suppose to go to the company pot-luck today. I did not practice throwing last minute dishes together to bring to a party!!! WTF. Anyhow, this is why I have a mothers right? :) Thanks mom!
So.....there you have it. I start work on Monday. I can't believe how great things have been going since I came back....and I can't believe I have had electric, water, gas and t.v. consistently!
Quick.... call 060 .... something is odd!
7 years ago
8 comments:
The stars are aligned in your favour, congrats amiga! Sounds like a terrific job, if food is the first priority you know it's good! :)
I can't tell you how happy that I am for you. An I agree with the CEO...he's pretty good at spotting sucess stories.
Go knock em dead!
Michelle
WAY TO GO, ELIZABETH!!!!
You charmed them, I'm sure.
I'm very happy for you!
Congrats, sweetie!
janie
Yeah! You go girl! What a cool sounding job. Life is really falling into place for you and that means you are where you are supposed to be. I strongly believe that if you are struggling too hard then you are swimming up stream and should turn around and float. Good floating kiddo. I'm sure the blah blah blah helped too :)
That is so awesome Liz! Congratulations girl!!
I can't wait to hear all about your new position and your new colleagues and those mountain views.
Fned.
Although I have to admit, I'm hopping a tinsy bit that your new colleagues turn out to be a-holes so that you can go back to bitch-blogging! ;) (j/k)
Wow! Frankly, I'm not surprised that he took one look at you and just had to have you. (on his team. OMG, it was a man, wasn't it!) Sounds like you better practice your cooking skills. Maybe a nice salsa with chips! LOL!
CONGRATULATIONS! I love how things just end up easy when you're where you're supposed to be and the stars line up like that. I hope it's a great job!
Congrats on your new job.
Post a Comment