But here are some random thoughts so you don't think I've gone into hiding:
- It snowed Saturday night while I was at my company xmas party. It was really really pretty. But you know, it's really cold now and I'm not digging it so much. I mean I can tolerate some cold but we are in the minus for heaven's sake and I'm not up at the cabin covered from head to toe in a snowsuit running around with the snowmobile! Vancouver is NEVER like this so I'm hell-o-confused!
- I'm disappointed in a male friend for not respecting the natural friendship boundaries we've been able to maintain for so long. My gut has been telling me for a long time that he wanted to cross those boundaries and I was ok with that knowing that he hasn't made any attempts to cross them. Until he actually crossed the boundaries. I'm thinkin, not so cool.
- I reconnected with someone I knew from way back in the day. We were more acquaintances back then, but have developed a friendship and I'm excited to see where this goes.
- I don't know why but I often find myself the middle man in situations I'd rather not me. People end up coming to me with their problems or complaints and I end up in a sticky place getting stressed out about something that is not my problem. I like to help but don't stick me in the middle. That's all I'm asking.
- My 3 month probation at work is up and they would like to put me in a position I'm not too fond of. It threw me into a bit of a tail spin trying to figure out what to do. There are opportunities for me to do what I want to do within the company and I have decided that when I meet to discuss, that I will have to go with my heart and pitch that to them. While people think I am capable of doing what they are asking, it just doesn't interest me like it should.(Boy that sounds so simplified after the drama last night!)
- Remember I mentioned I wasn't a fan of the cold? Yeah, neither is my poor little sun catching Diesel. Twice now on walks out he's been so frozen he couldn't continue and I've had to carry him back home. I am limiting our walks out now and I can tell that he is thanking me for it. If he needs to go he's pad trained so we should both stress out less about this whole situation.
- This is my first Christmas back home with the family in longer than I've been living in Cancun. It is a little stressful and confusing and the whole gift thing is a bit of a nightmare. But I think I'll figure it out somehow with some Bailey's and hot chocoloate with marshmallows (of course).
- I already twittered this but I have plans to return to the Martial Arts in January. It's not going to be easy getting back into it considering how hard it's going to be to fill my OWN shoes. But I will do it. And most importantly, I will get to hit things and won't have to go to jail for it.
- Being back around family has been fun and interesting and stressful. I have got a big brother and a big sister and here they are in true form (Isn't it strange how we don't look alike?):


Here's hoping your holiday season is going smoothly! And remember. When in doubt....add a touch of Baileys (no I don't work for them)!
7 comments:
Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad and aren't you glad to miss that FN song that is playing in every damn store in Quintana Roo?
Have a wonderful holiday, better get some snowmobiling time in eh?
Ooh I love these update posts!! It makes me feel less guilty about not blogging/commenting more often (ehehehe)....
All I can say is that you look awesome in your pics so live up in Canada must be going gooooood!
Hope the work thing clears up soon!
Cheers!
Fned.
Jonna - Feliz navidad to you and Mimi and all the pets in your casa(s)! (I said that singing it to the horrible tune you are talking about!)
Fned - Aw shucks thanks! I haven't been able to keep up lately so don't feel bad!
You just paid me one of the highest compliments that a person can. No blabbering, no false proclamations and no awareness that I would ever see it, but you posted a picture here WEARING THE SCARF! That proves that you really do like it! I am so happy.
Wishing you all the best this holiday season and on into January with those martial arts!
Isla Gringo - Hey! I wore it in my bikini too! lol
No seriously I like it but not so much for the scarf itself, but because of the story behind it.
Thank you again. You are a sweetheart and my honey bunny.
muak!
you are all very good looking. my sons don't look anything like each other either, people would never guess they are brothers.
came on to see if maybe you'd reported on the weather. ours is so bad, more than a foot of snow by tomorrow, lots more in some nearby towns. it's the first time in 18 years we've had such a long coldspell. i love the snow but the worst part is that my older son and his girlfriend were not able to come home tonight from pullman because of bad weather. he said they'll come tomorrow but i have a feeling snoqualmie pass might be closed as they are getting a tremendous amount of snow. i feel like a lost puppy tonight. have talked to many friends, have walked in the snow, have talked to both kids but it's not the same as having them here. the younger one is in olympia and is already snowed in-boo hoo! well, i'll manage. as i told jackie, if no one in my family shows tomorrow, i will just throw a party for my neighbors as i have soooo much food. they'll all be snowed in anyway so might as well have them over and help me eat.
loved your post about the conveyor belt.
teresa in snowy and windy lake stevens 2 hours south of vancouver.
p.s. could have used some bailey's tonight. too bad i didn't think of it when i walked down to the store earlier. haven't driven since tues. luckly i live in the heart of my little town so can walk to lots of different businesses.
Post a Comment