Yesterday was a snowy filled day and though the road conditions on the main roads weren't bad, they were certainly not good on side streets.
Since I have huevos, I drove up the side street where I park my car at the sky train station and promptly pulled into a snowy park space. My wheels began to spin in one spot and so I just decided to back up my car and leave it where it was and deal with the outcome of it later.
I got out of the car and tried to kick away the snow from my tires since it might freeze up and later prove to be a more difficult challenge to clear.
I hopped on the sky train wondering if I would be able to get out of my parking spot and make it to a main street. I often read blogs via my cell phone while I'm on the train and when I went to do that I realized I was on my last power bar and forgot my charger at home. So I quickly turned my cell phone off to conserve energy.
What an idiot and how stupid am I to sacrifice my last life line like that should I need to call someone later on to bail me out!
So all throughout the day I kept my phone off, only turning it on momentarily here and there to check messages and tell people that the phone has been kept off to secure that I would have power later if I needed it.
After work I got to my car, warmed it up, cleared as much snow as possible with my fake ugg boots and got in to give it a try.
There were a couple of scary moments but I believe I am "one with the snow" because I got out A-OK without any problems and felt super chingon about it.
I proceeded to turn my cell phone on and text message my Facebook status to let everyone know that I got out ok since I pretty much told everyone that day that I may have gotten myself stuck, to anyone who would listen.
The best part about all of this is that this morning when I was taking a shower I remembered something.
I have a charger in my car and could have simply charged my phone up if I needed to call for help.
How's that for having a frozen brain?
7 years ago
4 comments:
Super Hot Girl Melts Snow With Her Thoughts.
That's what I'm thinking. It's your super powers baby! Glad you got home all good and safe. Go make a snow angel.
Winter Huevos. Gotta love 'em!
Well now the worst part of Vancouver snow is coming, rain and muck everywhere.
Got off the plane last week after three weeks in the Sian Kaan, went to the company Xmas party and got robbed. Dumb me, computer, camera, pants, shoes I was cleaned out. Then just for an insult I s'pose we get the cold and snow.
Oh well, Happy time off.
Ron
I am glad that you got home safe- I hate driving in the snow- guess that is why I live in Mexico- I do not want to deal with any bad weather. I will take hurricanes over blizzards most times. :)
Post a Comment