7 years ago
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Cold Tears
It's really not as dramatic as it may sound. "Cold Tears" sounds like it should be the name of a song or something.
It's not.
Since I haven't been in cold weather for a really long time, my eyes are FREAKING out.
In the morning when it's a bit windy and cold, my eyes say "NOoooooo not again!!!! This is torture!!!", and they cry.
I often have tears streaming down my face as I take the dog out, walk to the skytrain, then walk from they skytrain to work. It doesn't happen at night, only in the morning and I'd like to know when my eyeballs are going to acclimate because this is really obnoxious.
And it ruins my makeup.
So eyeballs.....please catch up with the cold weather and get use to it. I do not want to have to wear goggles. People are already wondering if I'm "ok" and if I wear goggles....they will certainly know that I'm just plain nuts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ugh, that was one of the worst things about the cold, my eyes were always weepy. Never mind trying to wear goggles, they'll just fog up going in and out. Though I'd like to see a picture of you on your walk to work with your googley eyes. ;-)
Liz.. you forgot to acclimatize ..Don't you remember those folks at the bars pressing a cold beer into their face in the morning....and regarding the goggles,, not a bad PLAN B.. and no worry,, Goggles are not strange.. Now if you wear a Helmet too and are on foot,, they WILL talk
Canucka- This never use to happen before. Runny nose yes...runny eyes...not so much.
Barry - I'm thinking of taking up your advice on the helmet. Very good for headbutting slow walkers...that will probably be a topic of one of my blogs in the near future. Slow walkers...not the helmut. lol.
Post a Comment